After 10 different Solidwork attempt sketches, I settled on a form and the feautures I was happy with for the neck-piece. I’ts all going to be white. I just have a few things to fix on it before it goes off to be printed:)
Draping Ideas for the neck piece I was working on through Solidworks. Hopefully If I make it through judging next week, it will be a part of the fashion show garnment. And also, hopefully it also gets 3D Printed.
Had another fitting today. I had to adjust a size 8 to a 6 in just a matter of days, with the fabric beading/ embroidery manipulations as some of my pattern pieces. The model picture fitting is a little off… the model was bigger in size. I still have a lot to do before the show.
A can I rendered on Soliworks for practice. I actually used calipers for this object, so the measurements are coming from something that is real.
Practicing with the assembling parts section on Soidworks. I made these a weird color, but the material is supposed to be shiny alluminum.
Model Fitting. So this particular gal isn’t my final model, but shes about the same height which made me happy. The back was a pain, so I have to fix that, and there are parts on the waist which I have to strongly bring in. The right side of the hip still makes me happy, but I need to start thinking about how I’m going to finish the garment on the inside….lining was suggested.
Process Photos before the fitting. I am really happy with what happened to the shapes on the right side of the hip, they are pretty close to what I wanted them to look like (subtle curved volumes). There are still some issues with the puckering and the pull of the twill that is happening to the pieces in the front, and I still have to start draping the necklace that I want to attach to the top as well. I love the shine of the white twill…at the same time I really hated working with the lighter patina cotton fabric (long part of the skirt). Both fabrics have some type of stretch to them, but because the patina section was not backed with a facing support, I had a really tough time sowing the curves in the back of the skirt.
Started my final fabric, and also tried out the marking paper suggested by my construction teacher. I couldn’t mark on the fabric, so most of the 120 some notches that I had for the curves had to be marked on little pieces of tape. Blocked fused on the twill, the thumbnail picture shows what most of my top pieces look like.
1st Fitting on a model. The model had her waistline shorter than the forms I used, so most of the pieces had to be changed for the next paper patterns. At first this model was specifically requested for me so I would not have to hassel with the different sizes and re-patterning, but now I unfortunately don’t have her anymore, so we will see what will happen the next fitting. It was exiting seeing the whole thing on a person tough.